The “AL” version of our Explorer Box, takes our popular DIY Compact Trailer to the next level. An easy to assemble, complete kit with a pre-fabricated aluminum trailer box. The versatile nature of the kit makes it easy to configure and tailor to your needs as a Gear Hauler or Tent Top Camper.
We’ve designed the AL with the same focus on expanding your available space thereby making smaller vehicles a practical option for wherever away from home adventures takes you. It will have a front cooler deck area and we have a nice two place tongue mounted bike rack in the works.
What’s new will be a Backcountry option for AWD and 4WD explorers whose adventures regularly take them off-pavement, on those roads less traveled. It will include key items such as upgraded suspension, 3 axis high rotation style coupler and larger tires.
We are targeting a starting price of $2600 for a Gear Hauler version and $3500 for it configured as a Tent Topped Camper.
Some Tentative Spec Information:
• Dry weight (as Tent Topped Camper) 375-450 lbs
• 1000 lb GVW, 1200-1400 lb GVW for Backcounty
• Trailer box: 45” wide x 53” long x 21” tall, 29 cu ft of interior storage
• 10’ overall length
• 13” rim with 24” tires, 15” rims with 29” tires for Backcountry
• 2000 lb capacity axle, 3500 lb for Backcountry